Tuesday, August 3, 2010

beginnings... August 3, 2010

The adventure has begun. Woke up too early yesterday morning to catch a plane to Boston, MA. It all seems very surreal. I am on my way to Africa, to Zambia to be exact to work for Grassroot Soccer (www.grassrootsoccer.org, check out the website if you haven't already). On my way... and starting a blog to track my successes, downfalls, learning experiences, and just life for the next year of my life.
So first things first, what in the world do you take to Zambia? Well after some advise from Grassroot Soccer, previous interns, and the internet here is what I have taken: my backpacking backpack, filled with clothing-specifics are unimportant, about 7 books, a journal (of course), and my passport. Details as to whether or not what I am taking with me is appropriate will follow in the months to come.
Currently I am anxious for what is going to come in the next year. Ready to take a new step and to learn. Focused on keeping my eyes and ears open and for contributing all that I can to Zambia and to the organization. Tomorrow morning I head up towards Hanover, NH to begin my orientation. I will do my best to write sometime during or post orientation.
Thank you to all who have donated, it means more than I can say but hopefully through this blog you will be able to see where your money is going.

I miss the states already, but I guess that just means that I am luck to have a place to miss.
till next time. ciao.

2 comments:

  1. Love you, Alice. Will be thinking of you as you get ready to go. I hope training is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear from you! You sound ready. Remember to do your yoga focusing everyday as you wanted to!!!! Love you MOM

    ReplyDelete